Last modification : 10 May 2018
Information about cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, if you agree to their use, is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
There are different types of cookies:
- A “session” cookie is stored only in your computer’s working memory (RAM) and only lasts for your browsing session. When you close all your browser’s windows, or when you shut down your computer, the session cookie disappears forever.
- A “persistent” cookie is stored on your computer’s hard drive until a) it expires, b) it is overwritten with a newer cookie, or c) you manually remove it. Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies. However, this may prevent you from having access to some site functions or features.
The cookies that we could use can be split into the following categories:
- Necessary cookies.These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website.
- Functionality cookies.These are used to recognise you when you return to the website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Analytical/performance cookies.These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and to see how they move around within the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
By clicking on “Decline cookies” below, analytical/performance and targeting cookies will be automatically blocked on our site. This button will only be visible if you have not yet accepted cookies on our website.
Reset cookie consent
By clicking on “Reset Consent” below, you will revoke your acceptance of cookies. This button is only visible if you have already previously accepted cookies on our website.
Other ways to block cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies or by clicking on the decline cookies button when you first access our website. However, please be aware that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use the website. In particular, you may not be able to access all or parts of the website or use the functionalities contained on it.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.